BBQ for Each Cut of a Pig
Pig roast on our Santa Fe Cattleman’s BBQ Grill
With the recent sunny weather, and Catersource only 9 days away we thought that it was the perfect time to learn about how to use different parts of a pig to make delicious barbecue meals. The perfect grill from Iron Horse BBQ for cooking pork is the Santa Fe Cattleman’s BBQ Grill. Whether you are cooking up some ribs or you are roasting a pig whole the Santa Fe Cattleman’s BBQ Grill is the grill for you! It is manufactured by Pro Weld‘s welding experts, and there is nothing in its market that can compare to the quality.
Each part of a pig has it’s own characteristics, and the ways you prepare them differ based off these differences.
Our Santa Fe Cattleman’s BBQ Grill can barbecue any cut of pork
- The pork shoulder, also know as “pork butt”, is perfect for a slow and low roast since it doesn’t dry out as easy as other cuts.
- Spare ribs contain both light and dark meat, and braising them is ideal.
- Pork loin is tender and lean, it is a great cut for a slow roast on a BBQ.
- Pork chops often come from the loin, and it is good to cook them on a grill at a high heat.
- Pork belly is what bacon is made from, and to get bacon from it just cure, smoke, and slice.
- The rear leg is ideal for ham and is usually less expensive than a loin cut.
We hope that you enjoyed learning about the different cuts of pork and have fun barbecuing some pork this summer. Remember to stop by our booth at Catersource or contact us to buy your own Iron Horse BBQ!
Phone: 1-877-BBQ-TRAIN (Local: 541-826-3453)
Top 7 Reasons to Stop by the Iron Horse BBQ Booth at Catersource
With the 2016 Catersource and Event Solutions Conference & Tradeshow only 29 days away, we would like to count down the top 7 reasons to stop by the Iron Horse BBQ booth:
Iron Horse BBQ Grills being put on display at last year’s Catersource event.
- Iron Horse BBQs have spacious grilling surfaces and easy to use for catering, with plenty of room for your large volume BBQ needs.
- Iron Horse BBQs are manufactured by Pro Weld, and they are 100% American-made custom-built commercial barbecues that have superior craftsmanship.
- Our barbecue grills are completely mobile and easily move from one catering event to the next.
- We build extremely durable barbecue grills that will last you through years of catering events.
- Our Santa Fe Style Cattleman’s BBQ Grill and Roaster is sturdy enough to roast a whole pig!
- Iron Horse BBQ, Inc. gives you the choice of how to power your barbecue grill, whether you prefer propane or charcoal we have a custom grill for you!
- Iron Horse BBQs have a unique look that that will always draw a crowd!
Contact us to get your own Iron Horse BBQ
Phone: 1-877-BBQ-TRAIN (Local: 541-826-3453)
This newly designed Cattleman’s Grill is hitting the BBQ outdoor competitions, rental stores and backyards. For the avid lamb or chicken roaster, this outdoor grill is an economical piece of equipment to have! Even BBQ rental companies are ordering them hot off the Pro Weld fabrication floor due to the quick ROI and size, clean-up custom color options.
The below whole hog roaster allowed this local Rogue Valley realtor and “hobby chef / caterer” to serve up this rotisserie style whole pig on the Cattleman’s grills for his real estate clients (turned friends) and his wife’s YMCA workout clients.
Give us a call for pricing, availability and colors today!
Whole HOG on the Cattleman’s BBQ Grill
Roasted Pork Butt on Outdoor Rotisserie Grill
Get the charcoal red hot before setting them in the outdoor rotisserie grill tray
Cast iron pots filled with water to regulate the rotisserie temperature. The water allows the whole hog to roast for 8+ hours without loosing its succulent moist roasted BBQ flavors as it cooks.
A simple olive oil spray down as the whole hog rotates on the rotisserie spit above the grill section. Spraying the whole pig skin with olive oil which will prevent burned pig skin, and create a golden brown look.
Father’s Day is only 23 days away (on Sunday, 21 June 2015)! Why not surprise him with the IDEAL backyard and catering grill for the ultimate outdoor Father’s Day BBQ experience? The “Standard” Cattleman’s BBQ Grill has can hold a 100 lbs whole pig, for those tailgating, catering and chef type fathers.
Pig Roaster and BBQ Grill with adjustable grilling height – unique Father’s Day gift idea! This American BBQ Grill lover poses in front of his back porch, pig-roaster BBQ grill.
This hand-made, adjustable grill surface BBQ with the option of a pig roaster is only $1,695 (with rotisserie but the custom canopy is not included).
The Pro Weld fabrication shop smoke their local and national BBQ competitors with pricing, quality and production times.
“Each backyard pig roaster takes 2-3 weeks to create from a flat piece of metal” says Jim Oberlander, co-owner of Iron Horse BBQ the manufacturing, a former subsidiary of Pro Weld fabrication and welding company in Medford, Oregon. “It’s exciting to see caters, backyard private chefs and restaurants hungry for this pig roaster – Santa Fe style grill.”
In 2008 the Oberlander team sold their first BBQ internationally. In 2015 alone, a set of Cattleman’s BBQ (hog roasters) shipped to the Bahamas to beef up the “bungalow beach bar and grill” areas at the at Baha Mar in the SLS Hotel .