5 Helpful Networking Tips For Caterers
Catersource can give you the chance to meet other event and catering professionals from the Medford, Oregon area. There are going to be over 7,000 professionals from the industry at this one event. Meeting new people and networking is a necessity as a small business owner. Here are 5 helpful tips on how you can become better at networking with Catersource only 15 days away:
- When networking try to find interests that you have in common with the person you are talking to. This should be easy at an event like Catersource since you are working in the same field.
- Just like any other skill that you try to improve practice makes perfect, so be ready to make mistakes, and learn from them. The more you network with other professionals the more natural these interactions will feel.
- Create a unique business card that will leave everyone you interact with remembering who you are. The typical boring business card often gets lost and forgotten, so try to stand out from the crowd!
- Remember that networking is not about making a sale, but rather building a professional relationship. With this in mind, try to get people involved in a conversation through listening and asking questions that show your interest in what they have to say.
- If you want to keep a connection with someone contact them within a few days of your interaction. This will insure that they do not forget who you are by the time you decide to get back in touch with them.